#2030NOW: Future in Focus
The Social Good Summit is a one-day conference hosted by 92nd Street Y focusing on the impact modern technology and media has on social good initiatives around the world. The summit, held annually during UNGA Week, brings together an exciting, diverse group of prominent global leaders, activists, academics and more to explore solutions to the prevailing issues of our time. The summit seeks to answer our central question, “what type of world do I want to live in by the year 2030?” as we examine ways to reach #2030NOW. The social good summit is an opportunity for a global community to unite and imagine how technology’s unlimited potential can be harnessed to put our future in focus.
Last year’s Social Good Summit featured over 100 speakers, including:
- Joe Biden (Vice President, United States)
- Alec Baldwin (Actor & Activist)
- Joyce Banda (Former President, Malawi)
- Filippo Grandi (High Commissioner for Refugees, United Nations)
- Chelsea Handler (Comedian, Host of Netflix's Chelsea)
- Lisa Jackson (Vice President of Environment, Policy & Social Initiatives, Apple)
- Dr. Alaa Murabit (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Advocate)
- Samantha Power (United State Ambassador to the United Nations)
Last year, people from over 110 countries participated through in-person or online meetings with their own communities, connecting to NYC via video and social media. This year, the 92nd Street Y will once again be hosting this global conversation and we look forward to having you join in!
Engage in the world’s largest discussion on the role of technology in developing innovative ideas and creating new connections to improve lives around the world. Join us for the 2017 Social Good Summit, brought to you by 92nd Street Y, Mashable, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme.