#2030NOW: Future in Focus
The Social Good Summit is a one-day conference hosted by 92nd Street Y focusing on the impact modern technology and media has on social good initiatives around the world. The intersection of technology and new media has redefined our understanding of human progress. In the midst of this rapidly changing world, the Social Good Summit focuses on where we’re headed. Held annually during the United Nations General Assembly week, the Summit unites a lively community of global citizens and progressive thought leaders around a common theme: #2030NOW. A dynamic exploration of the world we want to live in by 2030, the Social Good Summit will focus on how we can unlock technology’s potential to make the world a better place.
Previous Social Good Summit speakers have included:
- Joe Biden (Vice President, United States)
- Alec Baldwin (Actor & Activist)
- Joyce Banda (Former President, Malawi)
- Filippo Grandi (High Commissioner for Refugees, United Nations)
- Chelsea Handler (Comedian, Host of Netflix's Chelsea)
- Lisa Jackson (Vice President of Environment, Policy & Social Initiatives, Apple)
- Dr. Alaa Murabit (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Advocate)
- Samantha Power (United State Ambassador to the United Nations)
- Demi Lovato (Actress & Activist)
In past years, people from over 110 countries have participated through in-person or online meetings with their own communities, connecting to NYC via video and social media. This year, the 92nd Street Y will once again be hosting this global conversation and we look forward to having you join in!
Engage in the world’s largest discussion on the role of technology in developing innovative ideas and creating new connections to improve lives around the world. Join us for the 2018 Social Good Summit, brought to you by 92nd Street Y, Mashable, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme.