Ten years ago, Mashable, United Nations Foundation, 92nd Street Y and United Nations Development Programme teamed up to launch a new kind of summit. One where activism would be celebrated, and attendees would be galvanized into action. Last year the Social Good Summit had a powerful lasting impact.
- SGS 2018 garnered 1.3B social impressions in just 24 hours
- Thought leaders from more than 20 countries presented onstage
In the Social Good Summit’s landmark 10th year, we’re tackling the most important issue of our time: climate change. SGS 2019 will bring together global leaders, activists, and brands for an epic day of constructive dialogue and onstage activations.
We only have one planet—at SGS 2019, we’ll come together to save it.
2019 Speakers include:
- Greta Thunberg, Teen Climate Activist, Founder, Fridays for Future
- Alexandria Villaseñor, Youth Climate Activist
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Author of We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast
- Elizabeth Yeampierre, Executive Director of UPROSE, Co-Chair of Climate Justice Alliance
New speakers are being added daily! View the full list of speakers and additional information.
In past years, people from over 110 countries have participated through in-person or online meetings with their own communities, connecting to NYC via video and social media. This year, the 92nd Street Y will once again be hosting this global conversation and we look forward to having you join in!
Engage in the world’s largest discussion on the role of technology in developing innovative ideas and creating new connections to improve lives around the world. Join us for the 2019 Social Good Summit, brought to you by 92nd Street Y, Mashable, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme.