Thank you for applying to the Recanati-Kaplan Visual Arts Program! This application includes 4 parts: applicant information, short answer questions, digital portfolio and a recommendation. Please complete all sections of this application."
Please complete all sections of this application (indicate “N/A” if a question does not apply to you).
Short Answer Questions:
We want to see how you approach and resolve creative problems. Please submit images of the following pieces to be evaluated with your application.
- A non-traditional self-portrait. Your self-portrait should tell us something about yourself and can be in the medium of your choosing.
- 3-5 finished pieces in mediums of your choosing completed in a class and/or supervised by an instructor.
- 3-5 finished pieces in mediums of your choosing completed outside of a class and without the supervision or input of an instructor.
- 5-10 pages from your sketchbook.
- 3-5 works in progress in mediums of your choice.
All work should be submitted digitally (either a scan or photograph) as JPEG or PDF. Please upload these images to a hosted site (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive) and copy and paste the URL in the field below.
For this submission, please:
- Include your name in the title of your entry.
- For each piece, use the following naming convention:
- Name of piece
- Category (i.e. self-portrait, supervised work, sketchbook excerpt)
- Please do not set an expiration date for viewing to ensure we can access your work and be sure share settings are set to allow anyone with the link to access and view.
Please provide us with the contact information for someone who is familiar with your interests and experience with visual art (such as a teacher or mentor). We will contact your reference directly with a link to complete their recommendation. Please let your reference know that they can expect to receive an email from our team during the first week of May with a link to short answer questions that they will need to complete by Friday May 28th.
Thank you for completing your application and please don’t forget to click the “submit application” button below. Applications are due Sunday May 23rd by midnight. If you have any trouble submitting your work, please email the Art Center. Please note we do not accept any artwork or applications in person. Select students will be invited for a portfolio review in late May/early June.