- Rigorous study in specialized classes weekly in a range of dance styles and genres.
- Learn and perform repertory from master choreographers, such as Douglas Dunn, Jean Erdman, Jerome Robbins, Anna Sokolow, Christopher Williams and Trisha Brown.
- Perform in area festivals and school performances for teens.
- Gain immediate access to 92Y’s Artist-in-Residence program, Harkness Dance Festival and Dig Dance Weekend Series.
- Experience the NYC dance scene through field trips to Lincoln Center, The Joyce Theater, BAM and more.
Pre-professional programs in Dance
- Professional Performing Arts School
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
Harkness Dance Center R-K scholars have gone on to become:
- University of Oxford graduate students
- Reed College dance students
- Connecticut College dance students
- Grammy® nominees
- Tony Award® winners
Applications will be due: May 11, 2018
Dancers will participate in a group audition that will include a variety of techniques. This date is to be announced. For the group audition, no material needs to be prepared beforehand nor does a student need to have experience in every technique in order to audition. Callbacks will consist of a short interview and the chance to perform a short solo (less than one minute) of material the student feels confident performing. The material does not need to be original choreography but certainly can be. If a student is using music, s/he should bring a CD to the callback. Dancers should come in appropriate dance clothing that is form-fitting and should bring ballet and/or jazz shoes if they have them. Applications must be submitted (via web or paper mail) to 92Y Harkness Dance Center.