- Rigorous study in specialized weekly classes in a range of Musical Theater dance styles, singing, and acting.
- Performance opportunities in original works of theater.
- Learn and perform classic repertory from productions such as 42nd Street, A Chorus Line, West Side Story, Hamilton, Wicked, and more.
- Perform in Musical Theater Workshop productions.
- Experience the NYC Theater scene through field trips to Broadway shows, masterclasses, conventions, and more.
- Learn and perform repertory from master choreographers currently working on Broadway, National Tours, TV and Film.
Recanati-Kaplan Musical Theater scholars have gone on to:
- Tony Award winning Broadway careers
- Professional Performing Arts Schools, including Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
- Ivy League and top conservatory colleges
- Graduate programs in dance and dance education
- Perform in original works of theater, such as From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, A is for Audra, and Dorothy’s Adventures in Oz.
The Recanati-Kaplan Musical Theater Program is for talented and hardworking students who aspire to professional careers in the Musical Theater industry as performers, educators, choreographers, directors, and leading artists in the field. The rigorous curriculum will expose students to a wide range of historical and contemporary musicals while providing performance opportunities in a range of venues and opportunities for creating, designing, and directing work of their own.
Application deadline: June 2, 2021
In-person auditions: June 3 & 4, 2021
Musical Theater Mentor: