We Create Connection, Community and Bridge the Generations
92Y Himan Brown is a vibrant community of adults who enjoy sharing intellectual, physical and spiritual pursuits while challenging and learning from each other. Through our Intergenerational Programs, different generations have the opportunity to come together to share experiences, learn from each other and gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of each other with programs such as:
- Wire the Wise: Members and young professionals schmooze over coffee and a bagel as members share life lessons and the young professionals offer technological assistance.
- Tech Tutoring: Students from a neighborhood high school meet with members one-on-one to assist them with technology questions.
- Mentorship: Members serve as ongoing mentors to local teens through one-on-one matches arranged around areas of common interest.
- Nursery School Visits: 92Y nursery school classes visit and sing with members, bring them treats they have baked, or share artwork they have made.
“The 92Y senior program has offered a fabulous volunteer opportunity for my 12 year old son. He’s been able to develop a special relationship with one of the participants and learn a lot about the older generation. He now realizes giving back can be rewarding and fun.”
– Parent of child in Intergenerational Matching Program