A recap from yesterday. Check out some of the 7 Days of Genius events that happened around the world:
- In Guatemala, Grafiaetc and Movillidad hosted a pitch night around the topic of genius ideas in mobility. Groups delivered their business models and the mentors selected the most interesting project. The winners won a prize to implement their project in an incubator.
- Meanwhile, in El Salvador and Honduras, groups got together to watch the live stream of the event in Guatemala!
- At the Central Synagogue in New York City, Rabbi Geoff Mitelman & Stevel Gimbel, author of “Einstein’s Jewish Science” got together for a lecture on Genius, Einstein, & Judaism. They discussed how Judaism influenced Einstein’s unique brand of genius and where science and religion can meet.
- At the same time, UN Women and Dhubotara Youth Development Foundation (DYDF) hosted a workshop in Bangladesh. The workshop focused on finding a youth led genius solution to gender equality.
- In Florianopolis, Brazil, three Brazilian entrepreneurs used the Pecha Kucha, 20×20 format to share their ideas of how we can use technology for the greater good. Afterwards, they field on-the-spot questions and feedback from the audience.
- And lastly, in the United Kingdom, UN Women and Global Allithia Limited, a diplomatic consultancy that engages governments to adopt the sustainable development goals and further the 2030 agenda, engaged global leaders to discuss disruptive solutions that bring out the true ‘genius’ in all.
Continue to follow #thatsgenius to see the great tweets from our global partners exploring genius solutions around the world!