Dear 92Y Community,
We continue to closely monitor reports regarding the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) and its recent appearance in the New York area.
In the meantime, we want to make sure that we are continuing to follow best practices when it comes to ensuring the health of the 92Y community. Accordingly, based on the expert advice that we have received, we are implementing several new policies effective immediately.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not attend 92Y programs until cleared by a medical professional.
- If you, or someone with whom you’ve had close contact, has recently traveled to a CDC Level 2 or higher country (e.g., China, Iran, Italy, South Korea or Japan), we ask that you not attend 92Y programs for a period of 14 days after such exposure or potential exposure to clear the incubation period for COVID-19.
- Additionally, if you feel ill or develop any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath while on our premises, we ask that you notify a 92Y staff member immediately, and then return home.
We wanted to share a few of the steps that we are taking proactively to address the situation here at 92Y. These include the following:
- We have increased our efforts to disinfect all commonly used surfaces throughout 92Y (e.g., elevator panels) using anti-viral cleaning agents and are doing so on a regular schedule;
- We have increased the frequency with which we clean our program areas and equipment and are using appropriate disinfectants in connection therewith;
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our buildings; and
- We have asked patrons and staff who are not feeling well to stay home until they have recovered.
The 92nd Street Y serves a variety of populations, including those whom the CDC has directed more specific guidance. We recommend you check the CDC website – People at Serious Risk From COVID-19 to determine if you are a member of one of those populations and to review more specific information from the CDC. In addition, please note that the CDC continues to monitor the Coronavirus situation and update its guidance as the situation develops. You should also continue to consult the CDC website to stay current on its advice that may apply to you.
While we welcome all to our programs, we understand that there are those who will be taking precautions as the situation evolves. Please contact the 92nd Street Y should you feel that now is not the right time for you to come to one of our programs or classes.
Please know that the safety and health of our community is and always will be our top priority at 92Y. We thank you for your cooperation, therefore, in following the policies described above during this challenging time, both for your own benefit and for the benefit of the thousands of people whom we serve.
We wish everyone the best as this situation continues to unfold. And, of course, as the situation evolves, we will continue to remain in-contact with you. Should you, after evaluating your situation, decide that you are unable to participate in 92Y programs, please contact our Customer Care team at 212.415.5500.