Indoor family exercise routine growing a little ho-hum? Our Director of Athletics, Katera Noviello, shares a terrific idea that adds the fun of game time to the family workout!
Break out the dice from a board game, and take turns rolling them to determine how many repetitions you'll do for each of these exercises:
- Jumping jacks or skiing jumping jacks (arms and legs move forwards and backwards instead of side to side)
- Sit-ups (or variations like oblique crunches)
- Bunny hops (feet together, arms up tall)
- Frog jumps (squat down, touch your hands to the floor, and jump up high)
- Push-ups on your knees, wall push-ups, or full push-ups
- Leg lifts (lay on your back and lift your legs straight up and down)
- Running in place (if you roll a 5, make your time 50 seconds, and so on)
Everyone should get a few turns rolling the dice. Roll a double? You choose the next exercise!