Kevin Geeks Out is the comedy-variety show hosted by writer-comedian Kevin Maher—a confabulation of vintage film clips and videos, new finds, guest experts, games and curiosities.
To geek out with Kevin you don’t need to be a geek, you just need to love cool stuff.
This month, Kevin gives the audience a Holiday Grab Bag; an evening filled with surprise entertainment. Seven special guests give the gift of weird, wonderful multi-media segments, with topics including Britney Spears’ punk clown, the secret life of Wonder Woman’s creator, confessions of a Macy’s Santa, How He-Man spends the Holidays, an epic poem about horror movie villians and a look at Doom Cakes—the cinematic tradition in which any beautifully decorated cake serves as a harbinger of imminent catastrophe (often including the destruction of said cake).
Guest Speakers/Presenters include:
· Professor Geoff Klock (author of How to Read Superhero Comics and Why)
· Matt Wilson (TV’s "Cyberspace" and Britney Spears’ CIRCUS tour)
· Tom Blunt (host of 92Y Tribeca’s Meet the Lady)
· M. Sweeney Lawless (writer for The Lowbrow Reader)
· Nick Nadel (editor for the FW.com)
· Sara Reiss (occasional blogger and self-described “hater”)
· Glen Heroy (12-time Macy’s Santa)
All this, plus holiday snacks, trivia prizes, a game of “geek bingo” and other secret surprises that will not be revealed until the night of the show.