We must plan for a better future, today.
Future Today Summit invites you to join us — along with the world’s top research scientists, technologists, ethicists, policy makers, authors, government officials, academics and artists — for two days to explore plausible and possible scenarios for the next 30 years. Over two unforgettable days, we will ignite a global conversation about how our decisions today have the potential to change the course of history.
The future is not something that will take place in a lab. The future is not for a select few. It is something that we build together. Join us for a wide-ranging look at the questions we all have to grapple with now to determine the shape of our future, including:
- Is it irresponsible for us not to be using AI? With IBM Waton’s Chief Technology Officer; The New Yorker’s cartoon editor Bob Mankoff; Backchannel's Jessi Hemple and more.
- What happens to all of the social media posts, webpages and data we are currently creating? Will it be around forever? With Note To Self’s Manoush Zomorodi and authors Jon Ronson and Douglas Rushkoff.
- What free speech protections will we afford to machines that are capable of mimicking human expression? With former NYT investigative reporter Judith Miller, Yale Law School's Jack Balkin and Jay Stanley from the ACLU.
The summit will include two days of interactive activities. Don’t miss your chance to meet IBM Watson, to try out VR, to sample futuristic foods, and to build your own chatbot. No technical skill is required — just your own curiosity.
Please look here for a full list of scheduled events.
Purchase a two-day pass and save!
You can either purchase a day pass, for either Tuesday or Wednesday, or you can buy an all-Summit ticket.
- Day passes are $75, and that gets you access to everything happening on that day and night.
- All-Summit tickets are $140 (a $10 savings). To purchase an All-Summit ticket, click on the button above.
When you click on the All-Summit button, you will see a pink SUBSCRIBE button on the right side of the page. Click on SUBSCRIBE and you will see the All-Summit ticket. (Don’t worry — you’re not actually subscribing to anything. That’s just how our ticketing system works.)
For questions, please call 267-342-4300 and ask for Cheryl. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.