“Highbrow and Brilliant” ~ New York Magazine
92YTribeca is 92nd Street Y’s downtown arts and culture venue in New York City.
92YTribeca engages a diverse community of young people from around the New York area with smart, relevant programming that fosters participation and conversation. 92YTribeca’s programs are developed in conjunction with local artists and arts organizations, new-media companies, fellow presenters, and community and cause-based organizations.
Opened in October 2008, 92YTribeca presents music, comedy, film, talks, classes, family events, and Jewish community and holiday programs in its versatile space at 200 Hudson. More than 60,000 people have attended 700+ events and classes in 92YTribeca’s mainstage, screening room and seminar rooms. Countless others have enjoyed free gallery exhibitions, a neighborhood CSA, Cafe 92YTribeca and free Wi-Fi throughout the space.
92YTribeca has already seen more than its share of memorable nights, including:
- The chance to see artists exploring different passions, like musicians Sufjan Stevens, Stephin Merritt, and Shara Worden presenting multidisciplinary programs of music, film and art;
- A sneak peek of the acclaimed film Fantastic Mr. Fox with director Wes Anderson and star Jason Schwartzman;
- Dustin Hoffman, Lou Reed and Patti Smith (on different nights) talking to 72 lucky people in the intimate screening room;
- Will Arnett unexpectedly dropping by a comedy show with Zach Galifianakis, and Paul Rudd cracking jokes with the cast of Stella;
- Questlove dropping in on Q-Tip for an impromptu jam session;
- Jazz pianist Jason Moran bringing together a stage-full of Houston expats for a two-night tribute to jazz legends;
- 200+ new-media types mingling and listening to innovators, all hand-picked by Mashable, the definitive social media guide;
- Yet-to-be-discovered musicians performing in the cafe while small but enthusiastic audiences listen and enjoy eats like wasabi-tuna deviled eggs and Belgian hot chocolate.
For more information, visit www.92YTribeca.org or call 212.601.1000.
Facebook.com/92YTribeca / Twitter.com/92YTribeca / Flickr.com/92YTribeca