"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." — Edmund Burke
Through our Teen Community Service and Leadership Program, you can do your part to make the world a better place while having a fantastic time.
Whether you enjoy working with children or seniors, are interested in sports, arts, reading or tutoring or want to advocate for a social issue of concern, there are many opportunities to choose from.
If you like being part of a group, are willing to work hard and care about making a difference in the NYC community, then you're sure to have a great time participating in our community service activities.
- Programs take place in three trimesters
- The winter trimester is Mon, Jan 9 - Sat, Mar 10. Sign-ups are on Thu, Dec 22 from 4 - 5:30 pm.
- Programs run Mon-Thu, beginning at 4 pm
- Sunday opportunities are available monthly
- Interview with Teen Center staff is required
- Students are required to make a seven-week
- Community service credit given at completion
- Separate programs for middle school and high school students
Explore the options on the left to learn more about Community Service programs.
For more information about volunteering opportunities, call 212.415.5624 / email.
92nd Street Y's Teen Community Service and Leadership Program provides one of the most vital and dynamic community service programs for young people in New York City. Over 1000 high school and middle students in NYC participate throughout the school year in age appropriate projects. Our goal is to engage students in experiences within the community to deepen their understanding of social issues, strengthen their commitment, and inspire their dedication to caring for others and improving the world. Students are active participants in establishing program activities and making the project happen. In addition to programming at the Y, the Teen Center staff frequently works with high schools and middle schools to assist in the development of school-based community service programs.