Judios Latinos is a warm, vibrant community of young professional Spanish-speaking Jews from Latin America and around the globe. Other networks include 3GNY (New York-based grandchildren of Holocaust surviviors), RJeneration (for young professional Jews who immigrated from the Soviet Union).
- 1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes (or 5 large tomatoes, blanched and cut into chunks)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small cucumber, or half of a large English cucumber, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 large, seeded, cut green bell pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups water
- Optional: 1 small red pepper, seeded
Blend all ingredients above until they are pureed. Then, with the blender running, add the following:
- 5 tablespoons red vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Spanish extra virgin olive oil
Continue blending for another minute or two.
Chill before serving. This gazpacho can be served as either a soup or a refreshing summer drink. If you are going to serve it as a drink, add between 2 and 4 extra cups of water while blending or, if the blender is too small, you can stir it in by hand. If serving as a soup, you can garnish in typical Spanish fashion by adding small croutons, finely chopped onions/tomatoes or chopped eggs.