The 2017 Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y is accepting applications only from community leaders who are living and working in: Botswana, Brazil, People’s Republic of China, Ghana, India, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Russian Federation, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, the United States of America (only from Detroit Michigan), and Zambia.
A successful applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
- is a community leader engaged in the nonprofit sector, either professionally or as a volunteer;
- is successfully addressing issues that affect the community’s well-being; and
- would benefit from an intensive two-week nonprofit management training course in New York.
Previous Ford Fellows include:
- a Ugandan director of an orphanage for children affected by war and HIV/AIDS
- the president of a Jewish aid society facilitating Bosnia-Herzegovina’s transition to democracy;
- a sustainable development expert from Zimbabwe;
- the founder of an Indian organization that educates women and children working in the silk industry; and
- an Indonesian advocate for ethnic minorities.
The residency takes place Wed, Jun 7 to Thu, Jun 22, 2017 in New York City. Airfare, accommodations, food, transportation, instruction and other program-related expenses are included in the fellowship, and participants receive a small stipend upon arrival.
During the intensive two-week residency, Ford Fellows take classes in areas including nonprofit management strategy and leadership training with Columbia University’s Picker Center for Executive Education and Yale University. The academic curriculum is complemented by visits to model nonprofits in New York City and meetings with academic, business and government leaders. The experience is enhanced by Fellows’ residency at 92nd Street Y, the world’s first global Jewish community and cultural center. Founded in 1874 and considered a New York landmark, 92nd Street Y annually serves over 300,000 people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, ethnicities, races and socio-economic groups.
2017 Application and Brochure — For International Applicants
2017 Application and Brochure — For Detroit, Michigan (USA) Applicants
The Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y provides a tremendous opportunity to international community leaders. Please contact Alison Gardy at 212.415.5473 or by email or Jason Rosenberg at 212.415.5561 or by email if you have any questions.