#2030NOW: Connecting Today. Creating Tomorrow.
The Social Good Summit is a two-day conference examining the impact of technology and new media on social good initiatives around the world. Held annually during UNGA Week, the Social Good Summit unites a dynamic community of global leaders and grassroots activists to discuss solutions for the greatest challenges of our time. Our theme, #2030NOW, asks the question, “What type of world do I want to live in by the year 2030?” During the Social Good Summit, global citizens around the world unite to unlock the potential of technology to make the world a better place.
Some past speakers include:
- Adrian Grenier, Actor, Entrepreneur & Dell Social Good Advocate
- Savannah Gurthri, Co-Anchor of “Today” & Chief Legal Correspondent, NBC News
- Kweku Mandela, Co-Founder, Africa Rising Foundation
- Sienna Miller, Actress and Activist, International Medical Corps Global Ambassador
- David Milliband, President & CEO, International Rescue Committee
- Amina Mohammed, Special Advisor, UN Secretary General
- David Rose, Product Designer, Entrepreneur & MIT Media Lab Researcher
- Charlize Theron, UN Messenger of Peace
- Jimmy Wales, Founder & Chairman, Wikimedia Foundation
- Among many others!
Last year, people in over 110 countries joined the Summit conversation happening in New York City by organizing in-person or online meetings in their own communities, and connecting via video and social media. Once again, this year’s Summit will be a global conversation and we want you to take part!
Visit the Social Good Summit website to get the latest list of confirmed speakers for this year’s Summit and join the conversation online by following #2030NOW.
Be a part of the world’s largest conversation on how technology can foster creative connections and new ideas to improve life for all of us. Join us for the 2016 Social Good Summit, brought to you by 92nd Street Y, Mashable, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme.
Attend the New York event or watch via livestream, and join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #2030NOW. For more information visit http://mashable.com/sgs.