The vast cultural resources of New York City offer students myriad opportunities to enrich their conceptions of art and its diverse practices. Art Collectors is the catalyst for student's imaginations and an open door to the coolest places in town.
2012 - 13 Program Highlights:
• Romare Bearden Exhibit at 92Y Weill Art Gallery
• Cyrano de Bergerac performance at Roundabout’s American Airlines Theatre
• New Dance Group Celebration performance at Fridays at Noon
• Christian McBride Trio at 92Y Kaufmann Concert Hall
• Russell Goings – Art Collector and Poet
• Hands on collage making at 92Y Art Center
• Professional Development workshops for classroom teachers
• Planning sessions between classroom teachers and teaching artists
• 10+ in-school visits by professional teaching artists
• Resource materials, both print and audio, for participating teachers and students
• Five Professional arts performances/exhibits at Roundabout Theatre Company and 92nd Street Y
Please email us for more info.
92Y would like to thank the Romare Bearden Foundation for generously providing “Romare Bearden in the Classroom.