Buttenwieser Hall is a flexible seating event space with a small proscenium stage, a high muraled ceiling, and elegant chandeliers.
This room’s 2,232 square foot unobstructed sprung wood floor, along with two walls of dance mirrors and plenty of natural light, make the room ideal for a dance, as well as a variety of other functions. Buttenwieser Lounge is an adjacent 1,260 square foot dance studio.
View Ground Plan of Buttenwieser Hall & Lounge [PDF]
For rental inquiries at our uptown location, please call 212.415.5782 or by email.
Basic rental includes use of Buttenwieser Hall (48’ x 46’ dance floor) as well as:
- Full ushering staff
- Standard 92nd Street Y security
- Ambient dimmable lighting
- Steinway Parlor Grand (L) piano
- Setup of seating based on your event’s needs, including tables if needed
Additional Services and Amenities
The following services may require additional fees, stage labor, and set up time.
Stage labor costs are additional and are quoted per event based on your technical needs. Please call 212.415.5782 or email to review the needs of your event and receive a stage labor estimate.
- Use of adjacent Buttenwieser Lounge with Baldwin Baby Grand piano
- Ticket printing and box office services, including 92Y charge
- Video projection capabilities
- Use of stage (18’w x 10’d)
- Theatrical lighting system
- Complete audio reinforcement system equipped for DVD Ram and ProTools multi-track audio recording
- HD video recording (DVD, DV Pro) and satellite broadcast systems
- Piano tuning at #A440
280 – Theater style seating configuration
180 - Banquet table seating
(17 five-foot round tables w/10 chairs, plus 2 six-foot tables and 10 speakers/staff)
175 - Cocktail table seating
(33 four-foot cocktail tables w/5 chairs each, plus 2 six-foot tables and 10 speakers/staff).