Mar 18, 2012, New York City
Join our team and run to raise money for our Youth Sports Scholarship Fund!
92Y is an official NYC Half-Marathon charity partner. All the money raised by the 92Y team at the 2012 NYC Half-Marathon will go to our Youth Sports Scholarship Fund. These scholarships offer youths from economically challenged families the opportunity to take part in our wide-ranging health, fitness, sports and aquatics programs. The 92Y’s May Center for Health, Fitness & Sport is committed to building healthy lifestyles in children, teens and adults. Our youth programs are designed to combat key risk factors such as obesity, inactivity, poor nutrition and smoking as well as build confidence and discipline.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Commitment to raise a minimum of $1,000 which includes guaranteed entry into race.
- Responsible for NYRR entry fee.
- Some prior road running experience suggested such as having completed a 10K.
Benefits of Running for 92Y Team:
- Knowing you’ve helped kids develop healthy lifestyle habits.
- Guaranteed entry into 2012 NYC Half-Marathon (does not include NYRR entry fee).
- 2 months adult preferred membership at 92Y’s May Center for Health, Fitness & Sport offering proximity to Central Park, access to ozone-disinfected indoor pool, indoor Mondo-surfaced running track, 100 pieces of cardio training, strength/conditioning machines and free weights, unlimited group weekly fitness classes including aquacise and spinning.
- Exclusive discounts on personal training sessions, massage therapy, acupuncture treatments and nutrition counseling.
- Access to 92Y's Crowdrise.com fundraising page to collect online donations.
13.1 Mile Course
The 2012 NYC Half-marathon course takes runners from Central Park, through Midtown Manhattan including Times Square, to Lower Manhattan and a spectacular finish at South Street Seaport. View map
How Can I Join the Team?
If you are interested in joining the 92Y team at the 2012 NYC Half-Marathon, please complete the application below and fax to 212.415.5671 or email Steve Dercole.
Athlete Application for 92Y Team at the 2012 NYC Half-Marathon [PDF]
92Y Team contact person: