Dear 92Y patron:
We want you to know that, as always, your safety is of paramount importance to us. While we are constantly reviewing our security measures, we want to share with you some of the measures we have put in place. We are instituting these measures, which we will regularly update, because we feel them to be prudent in the current environment.
New Security Procedures
As a result of heightened security in all public places, we request your cooperation with the following new procedures:
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to curtain time or 20 minutes prior to class time.
- Please avoid bringing large packages, purses, backpacks or luggage to the building. All such packages are subject to inspection or must be checked.
- Please keep your ticket stub or class confirmation letter available for inspection at all times.
- We are in constant communication with our local police precinct and various intelligence agencies.
Access to 92nd Street Y Facilities
- The 92nd Street entrance remains the sole means of entering or exiting the main building at 1395 Lexington Avenue. To further strengthen security, we have security guards on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We utilize metal detectors and all visitors are subject to bag/package inspection. No one is allowed to enter without a valid staff I.D., a ticket, a registration letter or, for those coming to visit the Box Office or to meet with staff, another legitimate form of identification.
- We have developed evacuation and safe haven plans. These ensure that staff and patrons, especially those needing the greatest amount of assistance, like children, older adults and people with disabilities, can easily and quickly exit the building and proceed to a designated safe location.
- We have also developed a safe haven plan should staff and/or patrons need to remain in the building during an emergency. To prepare for such an (unlikely) event, supplies are being stored on site.
Your safety is our top priority. If you have questions about any of the above, or need to report a security incident, please do not hesitate to contact either of us or our main security desk at 212.415.5592 or by email.
Adam D. Hammerman
Director of Support Operations/ Life Safety & Security