- Are the rooms furnished?
- What are the dimensions of a single/double room?
- Is there a bathroom or sink in the room?
- Are bed linens and towels provided? (Linens as pictured on the online tour and in the photo gallery are not provided)
- When and how often is housekeeping done?
- Does 92Y Residence provide cooking and eating supplies?
- Are the rooms air conditioned?
- Do you offer Wi-Fi (wireless internet)?
- May I have cable service in my room?
- Do you have fax, internet and printing facilities?
- Can I smoke in my room?
- Are there laundry rooms in the Residence?
- Are bicycles allowed in the Residence?
- Is there 24-hour building security?
- Is there a curfew?
- Can residents get discounts to 92Y programs, events and classes?
- What is the overnight guest policy?
- Can my child and/or young sibling stay as a guest in the Residence?
- Is transportation easily accessible in 92Y's area?
- Are there many food shops/restaurants in the area?
- Do you have parking facilities?
- What will my mailing address be?
- What time is check-in?
- Are the 92Y’s health club/gym facilities free for residents?
1. Are the rooms furnished?
Each room has one standard twin-size bed, a desk, chair, dresser and a closet which locks. Double rooms have two of each, except for small double rooms which only have one closet.
2. What are the dimensions of a single/double room?
- Single : approx. 9' x 11' (2.75 x 3.35 meters)
- Double: approx. 10' x 17' (3 x 5.15 meters)
3. Is there a bathroom or sink in the room?
Every floor has a large communal bathroom with semi-private or private showers, sinks and toilets.
4. Are bed linens and towels provided? (Linens as pictured on the online tour and in the photo gallery are not provided)
Bed linen, pillow, blanket and bedspread are supplied. You should bring your own towels.
5. When and how often is housekeeping done?
Housekeeping is done once a week and bed linens are changed (you need not be present). The housekeeping schedule is posted on each floor.
6. Does 92Y Residence provide cooking and eating supplies?
There is a kitchen/dining area on each floor with all appliances, including a microwave. There is a limited amount of cooking and eating supplies.
7. Are the rooms air conditioned?
Each room has an individually-controlled air conditioning unit.
8. Do you offer Wi-Fi (wireless internet)?
We have FREE Wi-Fi throughout the building. For guaranteed 100% connectivity all of the time, we suggest you contact Time Warner Cable after you move in.
9. May I have cable service in my room?
All rooms are wired by Time Warner Cable. Residents requiring service can contact Time Warner once they move in to set up an account. We do have a flat screen TV and DVD player in the dining room on each Residence floor.
10. Do you have fax, internet and printing facilities?
There are shops in the neighborhood that provide fax services. We do offer a computer room for residents’ internet and printing needs, located in the Residence Office.
11. Can I smoke in my room?
92nd Street Y is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the building, including Residence rooms.
12. Are there laundry rooms in the Residence?
Yes. Laundry rooms are available throughout the Residence. The cost is $1.50 (in quarters) per machine.
13. Are bicycles allowed in the Residence?
Bicycles cannot be brought up to or stored in residents’ rooms.
14. Is there 24-hour building security?
Absolutely! We have 24-hour security every day.
15. Is there a curfew?
Residents are free to come and go as they please and must always carry their 92Y Residence ID Card and room key. Residents are required to show their ID to the Security Guards when entering the building.
16. Can residents get discounts to 92Y programs, events and classes?
Definitely. 92Y offers many programs, events and classes at a discount. Pick up the 92Y Catalog in the lobby, or browse our website and blog to see what's going on at 92Y. We also email residents with announcements of very special discounted or free ticket offers to 92Y events.
17. What is the overnight guest policy?
A guest (can be the opposite sex) may stay in the resident's room a maximum of 4 nights within a 7-day period. The resident is required to fill out a Guest Pass Request Form and pay $10/night for a guest pass. (Note: Residents in a shared room need written permission from their roommate at the time they give us the request form.)
18. Can my child and/or young sibling stay as a guest in the Residence?
Only people 18 and over are allowed to stay in your room as a guest.
19. Is transportation easily accessible in 92Y's area?
Absolutely! There is a train station four short blocks north, or six short blocks south from us. There is a bus stop right across the street from 92Y. Taxis can be hailed right outside our doors. Maps are available in our office.
20. Are there many food shops/restaurants in the area?
Most definitely! There is a café located on the 3rd floor across from the May Center. There is also a supermarket across the street from 92Y, as well as quite a few others in the neighborhood. The Upper East Side is known for its variety of restaurants and fast-food eateries and many of them will deliver to the Residence.
21. Do you have parking facilities?
There are several parking garages in the neighborhood.
22. What will my mailing address be?
1395 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10128
(A mail box # is given on arrival)
23. What time is check-in?
Check-in is 3 pm or later. If you need to arrive earlier, please call our office to discuss.
24. Are the 92Y’s health club/gym facilities free for residents?
Residents have FREE full membership to 92Y's May Center for Health, Fitness & Sport, 50,000+ square-foot facility, featuring a 5,000 square-foot cardio training area, two weight training rooms, two gyms, an indoor track, steam rooms, saunas and a 25-yard, ozone-purified swimming pool.